Monday, May 31, 2004

She called me a little more than a week ago, the ex-wife, and as usual the red flags popped up. This was the third post-divorce call from her at work (she doesn't have my new phone number). She called me a year ago to let me know that she was leaving town and that she was going to be in Barbershop 2. I don't know why she thinks that anything in her life would concern me. Would I want to discuss a tumor that I had surgically removed? Then she called me the day before my birthday two months ago. It was to wish me happy birthday and let me know that if I needed a friend, I could call on her. I think she was serious, which is scary. This woman tried to kill me emotionally and on more than one occasion came at me with a knife. During the last two years of marriage I slept alone and with one eye open. It just confirms that this is a very sick woman. And the new me does not want to have anything to do with sickies, nor do I feel compelled to try to change or save anyone else. Been there, done that!

This time I told her to not call me anymore. But she had "come upon a couple of religious items of mine" she thought I might want, while she was packing boxes in her planned move to LaLa Land, still. Here's the deal: she's going to be a napropath and continue to pursue the bright lights of Hollywood fame. She packing boxes and found a couple religious items I might want and she wanted to know if she should send them to me. I told her to put it in a box and perhaps she might "come upon" a couple of other items that belong to me, which I might receive before her departure. In truth, she cleaned out the apartment before I regained possession, taking everything that was hers, ours, and a lot of what belonged to me. Including a security blanket I had held onto from my infancy, wrapped in plastic and in a drawer. THAT I would like returned, and very passively mentioned that if she came up it, I would like it.

In any case and not surprising, she sent the items anyway. These were my tallis and yamelke bags that I had received prior to my Bar Mitzvah. I'd like to think this was done out of kindness, but I know her better. This was a bargain with God, a last ditch effort for her redemption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home