Sunday, November 14, 2004

Post-marriage life is great. It's not that now I'm off getting laid and living in the fast lane; it's that the work on myself I started when I escaped the succubus-wife continues to bear sweet fruit. More exactly, I work my 12 step program, CoDA, which has become my religion and I feel real good about myself. I've made new friends, rekindled old friendships, and generally enjoy the company of friends, male and female. As a result of my therapy and readings, my levels of awareness about my behaviors and patterns are heightened. I have the tools and wherewithal to correct behaviors that are not constructive or healthy. Thus, I feel more comfortable in my own skin than ever before. I now set and maintain healthy boundaries and I'm not ashamed or reluctant to set limits and challenge anyone who attempts to violate my boundaries. I am learning to understand intimacy as a growing closeness that I have with female friends and companions. I used to believe intimacy was directly related to sex. I know better now.

Last night, the X kept popping up in my dreams, so I know that she isn't completely out of my system. I cannot control my sub-conscious, only my conscious. I've made a conscious decision to keep my distance from her. She called last March, just before my birthday to wish me a happy birthday, and let me know if I needed a friend that I could call on her. I was polite, but I did ask her not to call again. She's really whacked to think I'd ever want to share any part of my life with her. Not my time, not a conversation, nothing more than a nod you'd offer a passing stranger on the street out of politeness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home